The universe we inhabit is approximately 13,801,000,000 years old — that’s thirteen billion eight-hundred and one million! Our solar system, based on the age of the sun, is much younger, being about 4,567,000,000 years old, or four billion five-hundred and sixty-seven million.
But did you know that Vedic scientific and historical texts known as the Puranas have long contained this data? In his new book, The Big Bang and the Sages, author Sidharth Chhabra presents the stunning account of Vedic cosmology in the Puranic texts of ancient India.
Read what some scholars are saying about the book:
“Radical convergence between state-of-the art science and ancient texts.”
– Dr. M. Choudhary, Harvard University
“The evidence for Superhuman communication appears persuasive, and raises important questions about our understanding of human history. This book is sure to attract a lot of interest in ancient Indian texts.”
– Professor S. Ghosh, Chairman and Professor of Microbiology & Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Columbia University
“If what you say is true, I have no doubt that both the scientific and religious worlds will be set alight, as this is utterly without precedent.”
– Kevin Walsh, open-minded skeptic.
The findings in this book have been published in a peer-reviewed paper accepted at the European Journal of Science and Theology.
Author Sidharth Chhabra presents astonishing findings from his research in the cosmological presentation of the Puranas of ancient India. Although compiled by sages thousands of years ago, these texts contain stunningly accurate data for key events in the creation and development of our universe, as well as the history of our planet Earth.
In their introduction, the authors point out that many revolutionary scientific discoveries in the past have faced harsh criticism early on. Such pioneers as Galileo Galilei, Barbara McClintock, and Louis Pasteur have been labeled “heretics” of science by their peers. Only after many years was their work given a fair and honest assessment, and today their scientific conclusions have become universally accepted.
Among the most impressive data points are:
- The Puranic age of the Solar System (4.562 billion years) is within 0.11% of the modern scientific value, which was obtained by high- precision, state-of-the-art radiometric dating.
- The Puranic age of the Universe (13.819 billion years) is within 0.13% of the modern scientific value, which wasn’t obtained until data from the latest generation of sophisticated satellites (Planck) was analyzed.
- The Puranic date for the end-Permian Mass Extinction is within 0.3% of the modern scientific value.
- The Puranic date ranges for the Toarcian and end-Eocene Mass Extinctions overlap those of modern science.
- The Puranic distances for heliosphere stunningly matches with the latest observations of the Voyager missions.