Were you born on August 26th? If so, then according to Western astrology your zodiac sign is Virgo, the sign of the Virgin. This means that when you were born, the Sun was in the stars that make up the constellation known as Virgo. Learn the basics of your horoscope below.
Virgo is known as कन्य (kanya) in Sanskrit, or “virgin.” Each sign of the zodiac is characterized by certain basic traits. This includes Symbol, Planetary Ruler, Element, Nature, and Gender. The general make-up of the Virgo sign is below:
Sign of the Virgin. Virgo natives are intelligent and resourceful. They may experience conflicting feelings and desires in life.
Ruled by Mercury. Mercury is the planet of thought, the nervous system, communication, and literature. Mercurial individuals are hard to predict. Their minds move so quickly that others have a hard time keeping up.
An earth sign. Those with a Virgo moon are dexterous, thoughtful, and practical.
A dual sign. Persons born under this sign are adaptable and multi-talented.
A feminine sign. This makes the native receptive, sensitive, and empathetic.
Virgo’s preferred gemstone is emerald. Virgos can also benefit from green tourmaline and peridot.
Traits of the Sun in Virgo
In Western Astrology, also known as Tropical astrology, a person’s sign is determined by the position of the Sun. If you were born on August 26th, then you’re considered a Virgo according to most people in the Western world.
The influence of the Sun in a birth chart will change depending on which house it is located in, its relative position in relation to other planets, as well as other factors. However, the following general traits are likely to be found in a native whose Sun is in Virgo:
You have a strong memory. Ruled by Mercury, Virgo brings ample mental strength. You pay attention to the events in your life and do not easily forget the people who have helped you, or those who have done you wrong.
You enjoy serving others. You have a natural inclination to serve others, especially people in religious, spiritual, or charitable positions. Service is a major part of your personal spirituality.
You are skilled in science and the arts. Mercury also brings artistic gifts. You are knowledgeable and talented in writing, calligraphy, art, and mathematics. And your strong memory enables you to learn almost anything.
You have feminine features. As a feminine sign, Virgo is recognized by soft features. You may not have much physical or mental stamina, but you excel in empathy and emotional intelligence.
You can be shy. You prefer to be in the background and do not like receiving too much attention for your work. You have a hard time asserting yourself in personal relationships and in the workplace.
Virgos are multi-talented individuals who can succeed in a number of different professions. However, they generally prefer to take up a helper role and are rarely to be found in the driver’s seat.
Recommended careers: Virgos do well in careers involving hard facts, data, and anything service-related. They can make good mathematicians, scientists, linguists, architects, or researchers. Their literary and scholastic talent can make them excellent teachers, writers, or journalists.
Careers to avoid: Roles involving a high degree of leadership would likely not suit a Virgo. For example, CEOs, principals, or deans. Virgos are also dispassionate by nature. This means they may want to avoid roles which require a high level of empathy, such as a career in counseling, coaching, or childcare.
A mantra is a short phrase that uplifts and cleanses our mind, heart, and consciousness. Most suffering takes place only within the mind, and by practicing mantra meditation, we can experience total relief from all suffering and negativity.
The Vedic wisdom texts offer many different mantras, powerful and sacred sound vibrations, that are customized for each individual depending on their unique, personal circumstances.
Virgos can especially benefit by meditating with the following mantra:
ॐ बुद्धदेवाय नमः
Om buddha-devaya namaha
The Vedas contain many mantras that are effective for different people according to their particular situation. However, some mantras are universal. The following maha-mantra, or “super mantra,” is beneficial for people born in any zodiac sign:
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे
हरे राम हरे राम राम राम हरे हरे
Hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare
Hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare
RECOMMENDED: In ancient times, all astrologers made calculations using the same sidereal system that’s used in Vedic astrology. Check out our article on the differences between Western and Vedic astrology to learn more.
Famous Birthdays on August 26
- Dylan o Brian
- Charlie Gillespie
- Lil Tecca
- Keke Palmer
- Avla Woodruff /li>
- Macauly Culkin
- James Harden
- King Cid
- Melissa Mccarthy
- Chris Pine
- Malak Watson
- Mother Teresa
- Brianna Motle
- John Mulaney
- Seven Craft
- Kyle Exum
- Katherine Johnson /li>
- Steve Willdoit
Events in History on August 26
- 2019: Indonesian President Joko Widodo proposes moving the country’s sinking and over-crowded capital from Jakarta to the island of Borneo
- 2018: Emmerson Mnangagwa is sworn in as President of Zimbabwe
- 2014: Burger King agrees to purchase Canadian donut chain Tim Hortons for $11.4 billion
- 2012:15 year-old New Zealand golfer, Lydia Ko, becomes the youngest LPGA Tour event winner
- 2006: David Gilmour performs with his band and the Polish Baltic Philharmonic Orchestra
- 1995: Brian Lara completes his 7th Test Cricket century, scoring 179 at The Oval in London
- 1964: LBJ nominated at Democratic convention in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- 1959: British Motor Corporation introduces the Morris Mini-Minor
- 1944: Charles de Gaulle marches along the Champs-Elysees, despite coming under fire
- 1937: General Franco’s Nationalist troops conquer Santander during the Spanish Civil War
- 1914: Battle of Tannenberg begins (WWI): 8th German army defeats Russian Second army
- 1912: MLB pitcher Walter Johnson’s 16-game winning streak ends
- 1907: Harry Houdini escapes from chains underwater in 57 seconds
- 1846: Felix Mendelssohn’s oratorio “Elijah” premieres at the Birmingham Festival in England
- 1634: Battle at Nordlingen Bavarian: Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand II and Spanish forces defeat a force of Swedish and German protestants
- 1498: Michelangelo is commissioned to carve the Pietà sculpture by French Cardinal Jean de Bilhères
RECOMMENDED: Check out all our articles on Vedic astrology to learn more about the different signs of the zodiac, as well as the planets, houses, and nakshatras.