Were you born on November 9th? If so, then according to Western astrology your zodiac sign is Scorpio, the sign of the Scorpion. This means that when you were born, the Sun was in the stars that make up the constellation known as Scorpio. Learn the basics of your horoscope below.
Scorpio is known as वृश्चिक (vrishchika) in Sanskrit, or “scorpion.” Each sign of the zodiac is characterized by certain basic traits. This includes Symbol, Planetary Ruler, Element, Nature, and Gender. The general make-up of the Scorpio sign is below:
Sign of the Scorpion. Scorpio natives are intense and secretive. They may react harshly if provoked.
Ruled by Mars. Mars is the planet of war, explosions, sudden events, and land. Martian individuals are hard-working and self-confident
A water sign. Those with a Scorpio moon are perceptive, artistic, and sentimental.
A fixed sign. Persons born under this sign are steady, predictable, and slow to change.
A feminine sign. This makes the native receptive, sensitive, and empathetic.
Scorpio’s preferred gemstone is red coral. Scorpios can also benefit from pink and white coral as well.
Traits of the Sun in Scorpio
In Western Astrology, also known as Tropical astrology, a person’s sign is determined by the position of the Sun. If you were born on November 9th, then you’re considered a Scorpio according to most people in the Western world.
The influence of the Sun in a birth chart will change depending on which house it is located in, its relative position in relation to other planets, as well as other factors. However, the following general traits are likely to be found in a native whose Sun is in Scorpio:
You are impulsive. You approach life with intensity and you don’t like to waste time when making decisions. Some people find this trait impressive and attractive. However, you may also find yourself regularly facing unexpected consequences.
You have great courage. Natives with the Sun in Scorpio have a fearless quality about them. They are self-reliant and powerful. You know how to get yourself out of difficult situations. You may be a leader or pioneer in your field.
You are very intelligent. You have a burning passion for learning and expanding your knowledge of many varieties of subjects. You understand that knowledge is power, and you eagerly devour books, articles, and other content on topics that interest you.
You may frequently “go through the motions” of life. Because you are an intense person it is difficult for you to find meaning and fulfillment in the ordinary activities of day-to-day life. You may feel like your daily life is monotonous and you are running on autopilot. Developing a practice of meditation can help you become mindful and more appreciative of your surroundings and the people in your life.
You are likely to be more successful later in life. You may find that your inspiration and drive is somewhat lacking during the first part of your life. You are not likely to advance personally or professionally as much as you would like. However, once you enter your 30s you will start to see a visible improvement.
Scorpios are tactical and precise. You manage your money well, and can succeed in a number of professions, including those in the realms of spirituality and mysticism. However, you may feel an urge to travel frequently, which could make long-term employment difficult.
Recommended careers: Scorpios make excellent surgeons, business professionals, naval or military officers, scientists, chemists, lawyers, political advisors, and administrators.
Careers to avoid: You may want to avoid roles that require a high degree of charisma or charm. For example, a career in television, sales, or diplomacy would not be the best fit for a Scorpio.
A mantra is a short phrase that uplifts and cleanses our mind, heart, and consciousness. Most suffering takes place only within the mind, and by practicing mantra meditation, we can experience total relief from all suffering and negativity.
The Vedic wisdom texts offer many different mantras, powerful and sacred sound vibrations, that are customized for each individual depending on their unique, personal circumstances.
Scorpios can especially benefit by meditating with the following mantra:
ॐ नरसिंहदेवाय नमः
Om narasimha-devaya namaha
The Vedas contain many mantras that are effective for different people according to their particular situation. However, some mantras are universal. The following maha-mantra, or “super mantra,” is beneficial for people born in any zodiac sign:
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे
हरे राम हरे राम राम राम हरे हरे
Hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare
Hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare
RECOMMENDED: In ancient times, all astrologers made calculations using the same sidereal system that’s used in Vedic astrology. Check out our article on the differences between Western and Vedic astrology to learn more.
Famous Birthdays on November 9
- Hedy Lamarr
- Eric Dane
- French Montana
- Carl Sagan
- Vanessa Lachey
- Koo Hye-Sun
- Chris Jericho
- Lou Ferrigno
- Lio Tipton
- Nick Lachey
- Caroline Flack
- Alessandra Del Peiro
- Muhammad Iqbal
Events in History on November 9
- 2021: Actor Paul Rudd is named People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive
- 2021: EU accuses Belarus leader Alexander Lukashenko of “inhuman, gangster-style approach”
- 2019: Last segment of “Coach’s Corner with Don Cherry and Ron MacLean airs after 37 years in Canada
- 2018: Amid Californian forest fires US President Donald Trump accuses state forest management of “gross mismanagement”
- 2011: Shakira is honoured as Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year
- 2008: American tennis star Venus Williams wins her first career year-ending title
- 2004: 38th Country Music Association Award: Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride & Keith Urban winsl
- 1996: Evander Holyfield upsets Mike Tyson in 11th-round knockout in Las Vegas to regain WBA heavyweight boxing title;
- 1985: Richard Hadlee takes 9-52 New Zealand v Australia at the Gabba
- 1985: Russia’s Garry Kasparov (22) becomes the youngest ever World Chess Champion, with a 13-11 win over fellow countryman Anatoly Karpov
- 1984: Larry Holmes TKOs Bonecrusher Smith in 12 for heavyweight boxing title
- 1980: Iraqi President Saddam Hussein declares holy war against Iran
- 1973: Ringo Starr releases album “Ringo”
- 1965: Willie Mays named NL MVP
- 1964: Eisaku Satō becomes Prime Minister of Japan after Hayato Ikeda resigns due to ill health
- 1961: The Beatles meet future manager Brian Epstein
- 1946: US President Harry Truman ends wage/price freeze
- 1926: Italian Communist leader Antonio Gramsci is arrested in Rome
- 1922: Frederick Soddy wins the 1921 Nobel Prize in Chemistry
RECOMMENDED: Check out all our articles on Vedic astrology to learn more about the different signs of the zodiac, as well as the planets, houses, and nakshatras.