Were you born on October 24th? If so, then according to Western astrology your zodiac sign is Scorpio, the sign of the Scorpion. This means that when you were born, the Sun was in the stars that make up the constellation known as Scorpio. Learn the basics of your horoscope below.
Scorpio is known as वृश्चिक (vrishchika) in Sanskrit, or “scorpion.” Each sign of the zodiac is characterized by certain basic traits. This includes Symbol, Planetary Ruler, Element, Nature, and Gender. The general make-up of the Scorpio sign is below:
Sign of the Scorpion. Scorpio natives are intense and secretive. They may react harshly if provoked.
Ruled by Mars. Mars is the planet of war, explosions, sudden events, and land. Martian individuals are hard-working and self-confident
A water sign. Those with a Scorpio moon are perceptive, artistic, and sentimental.
A fixed sign. Persons born under this sign are steady, predictable, and slow to change.
A feminine sign. This makes the native receptive, sensitive, and empathetic.
Scorpio’s preferred gemstone is red coral. Scorpios can also benefit from pink and white coral as well.
Traits of the Sun in Scorpio
In Western Astrology, also known as Tropical astrology, a person’s sign is determined by the position of the Sun. If you were born on October 24th, then you’re considered a Scorpio according to most people in the Western world.
The influence of the Sun in a birth chart will change depending on which house it is located in, its relative position in relation to other planets, as well as other factors. However, the following general traits are likely to be found in a native whose Sun is in Scorpio:
You are impulsive. You approach life with intensity and you don’t like to waste time when making decisions. Some people find this trait impressive and attractive. However, you may also find yourself regularly facing unexpected consequences.
You have great courage. Natives with the Sun in Scorpio have a fearless quality about them. They are self-reliant and powerful. You know how to get yourself out of difficult situations. You may be a leader or pioneer in your field.
You are very intelligent. You have a burning passion for learning and expanding your knowledge of many varieties of subjects. You understand that knowledge is power, and you eagerly devour books, articles, and other content on topics that interest you.
You may frequently “go through the motions” of life. Because you are an intense person it is difficult for you to find meaning and fulfillment in the ordinary activities of day-to-day life. You may feel like your daily life is monotonous and you are running on autopilot. Developing a practice of meditation can help you become mindful and more appreciative of your surroundings and the people in your life.
You are likely to be more successful later in life. You may find that your inspiration and drive is somewhat lacking during the first part of your life. You are not likely to advance personally or professionally as much as you would like. However, once you enter your 30s you will start to see a visible improvement.
Scorpios are tactical and precise. You manage your money well, and can succeed in a number of professions, including those in the realms of spirituality and mysticism. However, you may feel an urge to travel frequently, which could make long-term employment difficult.
Recommended careers: Scorpios make excellent surgeons, business professionals, naval or military officers, scientists, chemists, lawyers, political advisors, and administrators.
Careers to avoid: You may want to avoid roles that require a high degree of charisma or charm. For example, a career in television, sales, or diplomacy would not be the best fit for a Scorpio.
A mantra is a short phrase that uplifts and cleanses our mind, heart, and consciousness. Most suffering takes place only within the mind, and by practicing mantra meditation, we can experience total relief from all suffering and negativity.
The Vedic wisdom texts offer many different mantras, powerful and sacred sound vibrations, that are customized for each individual depending on their unique, personal circumstances.
Scorpios can especially benefit by meditating with the following mantra:
ॐ नरसिंहदेवाय नमः
Om narasimha-devaya namaha
The Vedas contain many mantras that are effective for different people according to their particular situation. However, some mantras are universal. The following maha-mantra, or “super mantra,” is beneficial for people born in any zodiac sign:
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे
हरे राम हरे राम राम राम हरे हरे
Hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare
Hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare
RECOMMENDED: In ancient times, all astrologers made calculations using the same sidereal system that’s used in Vedic astrology. Check out our article on the differences between Western and Vedic astrology to learn more.
Famous Birthdays on October 24
- Wayne Rooney
- Roman Abramovich
- Ilkay Gundogan
- Krystal Jung/li>
- Eliza Taylor
- Katie Mcgr
- Kevin Kline
- Adriene Bailon
- BD Wong
- Florian Phillipot
- Scott Peterson
- Adela Noriega
- Jalen Rams
- Mitsuhiro Oikawa
- Raul Esparza
- Shenae Grimes
- Malcolm Tumbull/li>
- Stephen Covey
Events in History on October 24
- 2019: Remains of Spanish dictator Francisco Franco removed from mausoleum in Valley of the Fallen and reburied in private family vault in Madrid
- 2018: Indian cricketer Virat Kohli becomes the 12th and the fastest-ever to score 10,000 runs in one day international matches, taking just 205 innings
- 2018: Kenyan marathon runner Eliud Kipchoge named UN Person of the Year for setting a new marathon world record and for his work with AIDS/HIV in Kenya
- 2018: Pipe bombs sent to prominent US Democrats including the Obamas, Clintons, John Brennan and CNN, but safely defused
- 2017: Albert Einstein’s “Theory of Happiness”, written as a note for a bellboy instead of a tip in Tokyo in 1922 sells for $1.56 million/li>
- 2017: Crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman vows to return Saudi Arabia to moderate Islam after announcing 500bn independent economic zone
- 2004: German Ferrari driver Michael Schumacher finishes 8th at season-ending Brazilian F1 Grand Prix
- 1979: Iranian Army begins attacking the Kurds
- 1988: NY Islander’s & NHL high scorer, Mike Bossy retires
- 1982: Steffi Graf plays her 1st pro tennis match
- 1982: 12th NYC Women’s Marathon won by Grete Waitz in 2:27:14
- 1979: Guinness Book of Records presents Paul McCartney with a rhodium disc as all-time best selling singer-songwriter
- 1976: English McLaren driver James Hunt finishes 4th in the season ending Japanese Grand Prix
- 1976: New York City Marathon: American Bill Rodgers wins his first title in 2:10:10; Miki Gorman takes out women’s race in 2:39:1
- 1973: John Lennon sues US government to admit FBI is tapping his phone
- 1970: Marxist Salvador Allende elected President of Chile by the Chilean Congress
- 1968: Mick Jagger & Marianne Faithful busted for pot, released on £50 bail
- 1962: Cuban Missile Crisis: Soviet ships approach but stop short of the US blockade of Cuba
- 1959: US premiere of Dmitri Shostakovich’s 1st Cello concert
- 1954: Dwight D. Eisenhower pledges United States’ support to South Vietnam
- 1948: Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical In Multiplicibus Curis
- 1945: Charter of United Nations comes into effect
- 1940: Adolf Hitler meets the Head of the French State Marshal Philippe Pétain/li>
- 1931: Gangster Al Capone is sentenced to 11 years for tax evasion
- 1929: “Black Thursday”, start of stock market crash, Dow Jones down 12.8%
- 1881: Levi P Morton, US ambassador to France drives first rivet in Statue of Liberty
- 1812: Napoleonic Wars: The Battle of Maloyaroslavets takes place near Moscow, French army then forced to retreat through the snow towards Smolensk
- 1601: Johannes Kepler succeeds Tycho Brahe as imperial mathematician to Emperor Rudolph II
RECOMMENDED: Check out all our articles on Vedic astrology to learn more about the different signs of the zodiac, as well as the planets, houses, and nakshatras.