Were you born on October 27th? If so, then according to Western astrology your zodiac sign is Scorpio, the sign of the Scorpion. This means that when you were born, the Sun was in the stars that make up the constellation known as Scorpio. Learn the basics of your horoscope below.
Scorpio is known as वृश्चिक (vrishchika) in Sanskrit, or “scorpion.” Each sign of the zodiac is characterized by certain basic traits. This includes Symbol, Planetary Ruler, Element, Nature, and Gender. The general make-up of the Scorpio sign is below:
Sign of the Scorpion. Scorpio natives are intense and secretive. They may react harshly if provoked.
Ruled by Mars. Mars is the planet of war, explosions, sudden events, and land. Martian individuals are hard-working and self-confident
A water sign. Those with a Scorpio moon are perceptive, artistic, and sentimental.
A fixed sign. Persons born under this sign are steady, predictable, and slow to change.
A feminine sign. This makes the native receptive, sensitive, and empathetic.
Scorpio’s preferred gemstone is red coral. Scorpios can also benefit from pink and white coral as well.
Traits of the Sun in Scorpio
In Western Astrology, also known as Tropical astrology, a person’s sign is determined by the position of the Sun. If you were born on October 27th, then you’re considered a Scorpio according to most people in the Western world.
The influence of the Sun in a birth chart will change depending on which house it is located in, its relative position in relation to other planets, as well as other factors. However, the following general traits are likely to be found in a native whose Sun is in Scorpio:
You are impulsive. You approach life with intensity and you don’t like to waste time when making decisions. Some people find this trait impressive and attractive. However, you may also find yourself regularly facing unexpected consequences.
You have great courage. Natives with the Sun in Scorpio have a fearless quality about them. They are self-reliant and powerful. You know how to get yourself out of difficult situations. You may be a leader or pioneer in your field.
You are very intelligent. You have a burning passion for learning and expanding your knowledge of many varieties of subjects. You understand that knowledge is power, and you eagerly devour books, articles, and other content on topics that interest you.
You may frequently “go through the motions” of life. Because you are an intense person it is difficult for you to find meaning and fulfillment in the ordinary activities of day-to-day life. You may feel like your daily life is monotonous and you are running on autopilot. Developing a practice of meditation can help you become mindful and more appreciative of your surroundings and the people in your life.
You are likely to be more successful later in life. You may find that your inspiration and drive is somewhat lacking during the first part of your life. You are not likely to advance personally or professionally as much as you would like. However, once you enter your 30s you will start to see a visible improvement.
RECOMMENDED: Check out all our articles on Vedic astrology to learn more about the different signs of the zodiac, as well as the planets, houses, and nakshatras.
Scorpios are tactical and precise. You manage your money well, and can succeed in a number of professions, including those in the realms of spirituality and mysticism. However, you may feel an urge to travel frequently, which could make long-term employment difficult.
Recommended careers: Scorpios make excellent surgeons, business professionals, naval or military officers, scientists, chemists, lawyers, political advisors, and administrators.
Careers to avoid: You may want to avoid roles that require a high degree of charisma or charm. For example, a career in television, sales, or diplomacy would not be the best fit for a Scorpio.
A mantra is a short phrase that uplifts and cleanses our mind, heart, and consciousness. Most suffering takes place only within the mind, and by practicing mantra meditation, we can experience total relief from all suffering and negativity.
The Vedic wisdom texts offer many different mantras, powerful and sacred sound vibrations, that are customized for each individual depending on their unique, personal circumstances.
Scorpios can especially benefit by meditating with the following mantra:
ॐ नरसिंहदेवाय नमः
Om narasimha-devaya namaha
The Vedas contain many mantras that are effective for different people according to their particular situation. However, some mantras are universal. The following maha-mantra, or “super mantra,” is beneficial for people born in any zodiac sign:
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे
हरे राम हरे राम राम राम हरे हरे
Hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare
Hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare
RECOMMENDED:In ancient times, all astrologers made calculations using the same sidereal system that’s used in Vedic astrology. Check out our article on the differences between Western and Vedic astrology to learn more.
Famous Birthdays on October 27
- Theodore Roosovelt
- Maria Maples
- Kelly Osbourne
- John Gotti
- David Warner
- Sylvia Plath
- John Cleese
- Simon Le Bon
- Kurt Zourna
- Roberto Benigni
- Scott Weiland
- Volkan Demirel
- Aron Ralston
- Lou Williams
- Joey Starr
- Jeila Haase
- Michael Galabru
- Peter Lustig
- Brady Quinn
Events in History on October 27
- 2019: Tiger Woods scores a wire-to-wire 3-stroke win over Hideki Matsuyama
- 2017 :Catalan parliament meets and unilaterally declares independence from Spain
- 2015 American soccer star Abby Wambach announces her retirement
- 2013: German Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel wins the Indian Grand Prix at the Buddh International Circuit
- 1998: Helmut Kohl resigns as Chancellor of Germany after 16 years, following a landslide defeat in elections
- 1997: Intel Corp buys Digital Equipment’s semiconductor manufacturing operation for $700 million
- 1986: Paul McCartney releases single “Pretty Little Head”
- 1985: Billy Martin is fired by Yankees for 4th time
- 1978: US President Jimmy Carter signs Hawkins-Humphrey full employment bill
- 1975: Covers of both Time & Newsweek magazines feature rock singer Bruce Springsteen/li>
- 1969: Ralph Nader sets up a consumer organization known as Nader’s Raiders
- 1962: Black Saturday during the Cuban Missile Crisis: An American spy plane is shot down over Cuba and the navy drops warning depth charges on Soviet submarines
- 1955: Icelandic writer Halldór Laxness is awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature
- 1955: “Rebel Without a Cause”, directed by Nicholas Ray, starring James Dean and Natalie Wood, is released
- 1954: President Eisenhower offers aid to South Vietnam Prime Minister Ngô Đình Diệm
- 1948: Léopold Sédar Senghor founds the Senegalese Democratic Bloc (BDS).
- 1944: Tito reaches free Belgrade
- 1927: Queen Wilhelmina opens Meuse-Waal Canal in Nijmegen
- 1922: In Italy, Liberal Luigi Facta resigns in the face of threats from Mussolini that ‘either the Government will be given to us or we will seize it by marching on Rome’
- 1913: President Woodrow Wilson says US will never attack another country
- 1871: Democratic leader of Tammany Hall NY, Boss Tweed is arrested after the NY Times exposes his corruption
- 1867: Giuseppe Garibaldi marches on Rome for the second time
- 1682: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is founded by Englishman William Penn
- 1644: Second Battle of Newbury: King Charles I beats parliamentary armies/li>
- 1627: English invasion force under George Villiers assaults the French island of Île de Ré
- 1507: Portuguese admiral Afonso de Albuquerque captures the Persian fortress of Ormuz on Hormuz Island
Learn About the Zodiac
Learn more about your Zodiac Sign by checking out our complete guide on Scorpio. You can also learn about the signs of your friends and family!
Find the birth sign of any day of the year! Check out our comprehensive archive page where you can easily look up the Zodiac Sign for any day of the year!
Discover Your Nakshatra
In Vedic astrology the nakshatra is a used to determine many important aspects of a your life and personality. We have developed a free nakshatra calculator you can use to look up your nakshatra.