Were you born on October 30th? If so, then according to Western astrology your zodiac sign is Scorpio, the sign of the Scorpion. This means that when you were born, the Sun was in the stars that make up the constellation known as Scorpio. Learn the basics of your horoscope below.
Scorpio is known as वृश्चिक (vrishchika) in Sanskrit, or “scorpion.” Each sign of the zodiac is characterized by certain basic traits. This includes Symbol, Planetary Ruler, Element, Nature, and Gender. The general make-up of the Scorpio sign is below:
Sign of the Scorpion. Scorpio natives are intense and secretive. They may react harshly if provoked.
Ruled by Mars. Mars is the planet of war, explosions, sudden events, and land. Martian individuals are hard-working and self-confident
A water sign. Those with a Scorpio moon are perceptive, artistic, and sentimental.
A fixed sign. Persons born under this sign are steady, predictable, and slow to change.
A feminine sign. This makes the native receptive, sensitive, and empathetic.
Scorpio’s preferred gemstone is red coral. Scorpios can also benefit from pink and white coral as well.
Traits of the Sun in Scorpio
In Western Astrology, also known as Tropical astrology, a person’s sign is determined by the position of the Sun. If you were born on October 30th, then you’re considered a Scorpio according to most people in the Western world.
The influence of the Sun in a birth chart will change depending on which house it is located in, its relative position in relation to other planets, as well as other factors. However, the following general traits are likely to be found in a native whose Sun is in Scorpio:
You are impulsive. You approach life with intensity and you don’t like to waste time when making decisions. Some people find this trait impressive and attractive. However, you may also find yourself regularly facing unexpected consequences.
You have great courage. Natives with the Sun in Scorpio have a fearless quality about them. They are self-reliant and powerful. You know how to get yourself out of difficult situations. You may be a leader or pioneer in your field.
You are very intelligent. You have a burning passion for learning and expanding your knowledge of many varieties of subjects. You understand that knowledge is power, and you eagerly devour books, articles, and other content on topics that interest you.
You may frequently “go through the motions” of life. Because you are an intense person it is difficult for you to find meaning and fulfillment in the ordinary activities of day-to-day life. You may feel like your daily life is monotonous and you are running on autopilot. Developing a practice of meditation can help you become mindful and more appreciative of your surroundings and the people in your life.
You are likely to be more successful later in life. You may find that your inspiration and drive is somewhat lacking during the first part of your life. You are not likely to advance personally or professionally as much as you would like. However, once you enter your 30s you will start to see a visible improvement.
Scorpios are tactical and precise. You manage your money well, and can succeed in a number of professions, including those in the realms of spirituality and mysticism. However, you may feel an urge to travel frequently, which could make long-term employment difficult.
Recommended careers: Scorpios make excellent surgeons, business professionals, naval or military officers, scientists, chemists, lawyers, political advisors, and administrators.
Careers to avoid: You may want to avoid roles that require a high degree of charisma or charm. For example, a career in television, sales, or diplomacy would not be the best fit for a Scorpio.
A mantra is a short phrase that uplifts and cleanses our mind, heart, and consciousness. Most suffering takes place only within the mind, and by practicing mantra meditation, we can experience total relief from all suffering and negativity.
The Vedic wisdom texts offer many different mantras, powerful and sacred sound vibrations, that are customized for each individual depending on their unique, personal circumstances.
Scorpios can especially benefit by meditating with the following mantra:
ॐ नरसिंहदेवाय नमः
Om narasimha-devaya namaha
The Vedas contain many mantras that are effective for different people according to their particular situation. However, some mantras are universal. The following maha-mantra, or “super mantra,” is beneficial for people born in any zodiac sign:
हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे
हरे राम हरे राम राम राम हरे हरे
Hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare
Hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare
RECOMMENDED:In ancient times, all astrologers made calculations using the same sidereal system that’s used in Vedic astrology. Check out our article on the differences between Western and Vedic astrology to learn more.
Famous Birthdays on October 30
- Ivanka Trump
- Diego Maradona
- Devin Booker
- Nia Long
- Jun Ji-Hyun
- Matthew Johnson
- Henry Winkler
- Yukie Nakama
- Greecy Rendon
- Harry Hamlin
- Clemence Poesy
- Shori Sato
- Gavin Rossdale
- Janel Parrish
- Marcus Mariola
- Eva Marcille
- Grace Slick
- Artemi Panarin
- Teguan Richmond
Events in History on October 30
- 2020: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announces a second four-week lockdown for England
- 2019 :Twitter head Jack Dorsey announces it will no longer take political ads
- 2017: Kenyan election rerun, President Uhuru Kenyatta declared the winner with 38% turnout
- 2017: President Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort and associate Rick Gates are indicted on fraud charges
- 2016 :Slovak tennis star Dominika Cibulková beats Germany’s Angelique Kerber
- 2012: Walt Disney purchases Lucasfilm Ltd, and its rights for Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises, for $4.05 billion
- 2011: Czech tennis star Petra Kvitová beats Victoria Azarenka of Belarus.
- 2003: “Wicked” premieres on Broadway at the Gershwin Theatre
- 1997: Argentine soccer star Diego Maradona announces his retirement from football on his 37th birthday
- 1994: Thomas Nicely reports bug in Intel’s Pentium-processor on the Internet
- 1988: Brazilian McLaren driver Ayrton Senna wins Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka
- 1988: Beth Daniel wins Nichirei Ladies Cup US-Japan Team Golf Championship
- 1987: “Faith” debut album by George Michael is released
- 1974: “The Rumble in the Jungle”: Muhammad Ali KOs George Foreman in the 8th round in Kinshasa
- 1973 :The Bosphorus Bridge in Istanbul, Turkey is completed, connecting the continents of Europe and Asia over the Bosporus for the first time
- 1973: Tom Seaver becomes 1st non-20-game winner to win Cy Young award
- 1970: Northern Ireland Prime Minister James Chichester-Clark meets with British Home Secretary Reginald Maulling
- 1968: Jack Lynch, Irish Prime Minister (Taoiseach), meets with Harold Wilson, then British Prime Minister, in London.
- 1967: Dolly Parton releases her debut single with Porter Wagoner “The Last Thing On My Mind”
- 1963: Sandy Koufax wins NL MVP award
- 1961: Soviet Party Congress unanimously approves a resolution removing Stalin’s body from Lenin’s tomb in Red Square as part of de-Stalinization efforts
- 1957: Dmitri Shostakovich’s 11th Symphony premieres in Moscow
- 1953: Dr Albert Schweitzer & Gen George Marshall win Nobel Peace Prize
- 1939: USSR & Germany agree on partitioning Poland, Adolf Hitler deports Jews
- 1922: Benito Mussolini forms government in Italy
- 1899: British Morning Post reporter Winston Churchill reaches Capetown
RECOMMENDED: Check out all our articles on Vedic astrology to learn more about the different signs of the zodiac, as well as the planets, houses, and nakshatras.